Monday, April 5, 2010

Home Sweet Home aka THE ZOO!!

I felt that it was only appropriate that while all our family was together in South Carolina that we chose to go to the zoo for the day. We had debated on going to the beach but Columbia was quite a bit closer and Kat told us that the zoo was great. I have to say that I wasn't expecting much from the Riverbanks Zoo but was pleasantly surprised at what they offered.


First up was the flamingos. I don't know if it was too cold for them but they were incredibly active and kept fluffing their feathers up. I have never seen a group of flamingos more active.


I swear this penguin has a head...I just don't know where it is...


Two of the wild animals they keep a VERY close eye on...the older one has been known to beat her chest and holler at her young...much like a gorilla! :0)


I love this picture of Kat and Paul. They got to spend the day after their wedding at the zoo with family....like I said, I think it's a bit appropriate!!



See..I told you he had a head!! There it is!!


We caught cousin Fred taking a little nap...

Oh my gosh!!! Who let the monkeys out!! They were all over the place!!!


This guy was so generous! He was so willing to share his beak full of mice with all of us!! Isn't that sweet??



Just don't get in their way, ok?



Like I said, monkeys all over the place!!


I know, right? Giraffes! I bet you have never seen those at a zoo before!!

Nobody could figure out why this flip flop was floating in the pond until we saw...


...this guy sitting in the sun catching some rays (and apparently a few extra people running around).

Speaking of monkeys flying thru the air...this guy was all over the place!


All kidding aside, this was the coolest thing we did. We bought some nectar and held it out for the birds to eat. They were all over it!! Even after we ran out of nectar, they were still swarming us and trying to eat some more.

They were everywhere!!

After we had our fill of the animals, we headed over to the botanical gardens. They were so amazingly beautiful!

The colors were so vibrant and abundant!

Lucky for you, my camera died at this point or there would be lots of more pictures of all the gorgeous blooms!!

And then there were these two yahoos, talking on their phones and missing out on all of it. Oh well, I guess it's their honeymoon (kind of) and they can do whatever they want, right?


No comments: