Thursday, December 31, 2009

The Tooth Fairy knows where we live!!


Believe it or not, Emma has lost her first tooth!! I was shocked because I didn't think she would start losing them for another year or so but I guess she's an early bloomer!

It all started when I picked her up from preschool one day and she showed me her loose tooth. I got worried (and over protective) and thought that she had somehow knocked it loose. I questioned all her teachers and no one could remember her doing anything out of the ordinary. So I called Michael and he told me that she had fallen off a stool the day before and whacked her chin. I went into crazy mode and called my friend, Lisa, who is a dental hygienist and asked her about it. To make a long story short, we ended up taking her into Lisa's office where they took an x-ray of her teeth to make sure she didn't damage them when she fell. Sure enough, the x-ray showed all her new teeth getting ready to push their way through. It took about a week and a half for it to actually fall out (and a little help from Aunt Kimmie) and when it did, Emma was pretty freaked out! However, the Tooth Fairy came that night and left Emma a whole dollar (in dimes so she really thought she was rich!) and now Emma is all ready to lose the next one! Which might be soon because her next one is already loose!!


Thank you to everyone that we called to calm Emma's anxiety about loosing that first tooth. We got to hear quite a few stories about all our family's first visits from the Tooth Fairy!

No comments: