Joel graduated from Cleveland Chiropractic College last week so we decided to head out to Kansas for the event. Unfortunately, I was too far away to get a good picture of the hooding and walk across the stage but I did get a really good shot of the back of his head....
We also got some family pictures with everyone. All the kids were there (even Colin...kind of) so we took advantage of the opportunity. Is anyone wondering just how we accomplished a picture with Colin in it?? Well, Mom got a picture of him blown up and we just held him up next to us. Again, unfortunately, I didn't get any of those pictures but I am sure Mom will be sending them out shortly and I'll post them then.
It was a pretty quick weekend and we crammed alot of things into the few days that we were there. On Saturday, we took a break from all the craziness and took the kids to Gage Park. For those of you who aren't from Topeka, Gage Park is HUGE!! There is a zoo, a kids train, a carousel, a rose garden, a swimming TONS of room for the kids to get down and play. Mom had a bunch of train tickets, so we all decided to ride the train.
The kids really liked it. Lucas kept saying "Oooo, oooo" at everything we saw. He didn't really like it when everyone started screaming in the tunnel but he didn't want to get off at the end!
Of course, what trip to Gage Park would be complete without a trip to the cement animals and a couple cute pictures?

Michael said, "Hey get a picture of two walruses instead of one." So I did...
A few days later, the weather decided to give Emma her wish and pour buckets of rain down on us. I loved/hated it. I really miss the crazy thunderstorms that set the night on fire but I didn't really like the fact that it kept me up most of the night (I guess after not living with it for 10 years or so the thunder can really keep you up). Plus, I was worried that it would wake the kids up and freak them out. Luckily, they both slept right through it but my mom and I got up and watched her street fill up with water.
Why was Emma so excited for it to rain?? Because....you can't jump in rain puddles unless it does!!

She was soaking wet from head to toe by the time she got done. She had a BLAST!! That's what life is all about, right?
We loved our trip and can't wait to go back!!
It was a pretty quick weekend and we crammed alot of things into the few days that we were there. On Saturday, we took a break from all the craziness and took the kids to Gage Park. For those of you who aren't from Topeka, Gage Park is HUGE!! There is a zoo, a kids train, a carousel, a rose garden, a swimming TONS of room for the kids to get down and play. Mom had a bunch of train tickets, so we all decided to ride the train.
Of course, what trip to Gage Park would be complete without a trip to the cement animals and a couple cute pictures?
Why was Emma so excited for it to rain?? Because....you can't jump in rain puddles unless it does!!
She was soaking wet from head to toe by the time she got done. She had a BLAST!! That's what life is all about, right?
We loved our trip and can't wait to go back!!




No comments:
Post a Comment