This story is from a few weeks ago but after much debating with myself, I have decided to share my humiliation with the world....this all happened when Grandpa Oz came to visit for Emma's birthday. He had flown into Burbank and rented an SUV for the time that he was here. Well, it didn't take us long to figure out that there was something wrong with the alignment or shocks in the vehicle, so that night, we headed back down to Burbank to switch it out for a mini van (they were all out here in Bako).
On the way down, I started to not feel all that great and just after we got out of the mountains and into the valley, I informed Michael that he might want to think about pulling over. "Why?", he said. "Cause I'm about to puke." I responded. Unfortunately, I waited a minute too long to tell him and just as he was pulling over the volcano erupted. Luckily, I was able to get the window down, so I ended up puking all down the side of the car. Too funny!! I was actually laughing while vomiting (if you can imagine such a sight) because of all the people driving by us on the freeway who got a free show.
Anyway, a few minutes later, we decided that we should probably try to find a car wash to rinse all the yumminess off before we had to turn the car in. Can you believe that we were in one of the largest cities in the US and couldn't find a car wash that was open???? We stopped at a gas station in Valencia to see if anything was open and while Grandpa Oz was in the store, he had an interesting conversation...
Some random guy, " Hey is that your SUV out in the parking lot?"
Grandpa Oz, " Yes."
Random Guy, "You know, you really shouldn't throw things out your window."
Grandpa Oz, "Umm, actually my daughter-in-law is pregnant and she got car sick."
Random Guy, "Oh."
We got a pretty good kick out of that one. Needless to say, we never did find an open car wash and ended up turning the car in with a little extra something all down the side. The look on the guy's face when we pulled up was priceless. I don't think he believed us that the car had problems until we explained exactly what is was that was on the side on the car. Oh, and amazingly, Michael was able to get some sick sacks from his work the next day (even though I had been telling him for months that he needed to bring some home). Definitely not one of my better nights, but as I told Michael, at least I got the window down in time.
P.S. Michael actually took pictures of the mess with his phone but I refused to put them up for everyone to see. :-)
Saturday, August 1, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comment:
Ha ha ha! Claire, this is soooooo YOU!!!! Thanks for posting, I got a good laugh.
Post a Comment