Right after Mother's Day, the kids and I loaded up the car and headed off for Utah. We had a few family things going on (Kim's dad's funeral, a family reunion and my brother, Stetson's homecoming). Unfortunately, Michael had to work so I did the trip by myself. I have a new found respect for my mom going on all those trips with all 6 of us kids by herself! It was HARD!! But, I'm glad we went.
The first day we got there, the kids needed to burn off some energy so we busted out Grandpa Oz's croquet set. I think it's a Utah thing where you HAVE to own a croquet set (at least that's how it was when I was a kid). Emma loved wacking the balls through the hoops and hitting the stick. Lucas just liked getting down and crawling...
WHEELER FARM
The next day, we went to Wheeler Farm with Grandpa Oz. The kids loved looking at all the animals and I loved just getting outside for a walk....
Lucas loves watching birds so he got a big kick out of seeing all the
ducks and geese swimming on the pond.

I don't really know what these things are but I thought they looked cool.
Hey, Mom...what's this thing for??

Of course we took some pictures of the kids too.


Emma and Grandpa playing in the treehouse.
They had the most beautiful irises I have seen for quite a while.
I miss the mountains in Utah.
FLASHBACK FROM JR HIGH!
While we were there, I also got to get together with a few friends from Jr High that I haven't seen in YEARS!! We all met for some ice cream and let the kids play outside. It was fun to see Emily and Nikki. I wish we were closer so we could hang out more!! Emily is coming to CA at the end of the month so we'll get to play then! :-)
Emily, me and Nikki
All our kids
Lucas really enjoyed his ice cream!
I LOVE TO SEE THE TEMPLE
A few days later, we all headed down to temple square to see the sights.
We jumped on the train and headed downtown..


From right to left...Lucas, me, Mom,
Emma, Joel, Trevor, Kim and Zach


Emma loves to see all the "princesses" that are getting married. She was in heaven!
FAMILY REUNION/BIRTHDAY PARTY
We also headed down to Helper for a family reunion/birthday party for my grandparents. My Grandpa turned 88 and my Grandma turned 82.

They are such an amazing and cute couple! I love going to see them and I love hearing all their stories. It makes me sad to see them getting older.
Unfortunately, I didn't get any really good pictures of everyone who was there. I think there were about 45 people all together. It was really nice to be able to see all my cousins and their kids!
I know I mentioned Stetson's homecoming at the beginning of this novel but I completely forgot to take any pictures of him or the gathering. He is looking good (and single, ladies) and has some pretty amazing stories from the mission.
The next day, we went to Wheeler Farm with Grandpa Oz. The kids loved looking at all the animals and I loved just getting outside for a walk....
ducks and geese swimming on the pond.

I don't really know what these things are but I thought they looked cool.
Hey, Mom...what's this thing for??
Of course we took some pictures of the kids too.

Emma and Grandpa playing in the treehouse.
They had the most beautiful irises I have seen for quite a while.
I miss the mountains in Utah.FLASHBACK FROM JR HIGH!
While we were there, I also got to get together with a few friends from Jr High that I haven't seen in YEARS!! We all met for some ice cream and let the kids play outside. It was fun to see Emily and Nikki. I wish we were closer so we could hang out more!! Emily is coming to CA at the end of the month so we'll get to play then! :-)
All our kids
Lucas really enjoyed his ice cream!I LOVE TO SEE THE TEMPLE
A few days later, we all headed down to temple square to see the sights.
We jumped on the train and headed downtown..

From right to left...Lucas, me, Mom,
Emma, Joel, Trevor, Kim and Zach


Emma loves to see all the "princesses" that are getting married. She was in heaven!FAMILY REUNION/BIRTHDAY PARTY
We also headed down to Helper for a family reunion/birthday party for my grandparents. My Grandpa turned 88 and my Grandma turned 82.
They are such an amazing and cute couple! I love going to see them and I love hearing all their stories. It makes me sad to see them getting older.
I know I mentioned Stetson's homecoming at the beginning of this novel but I completely forgot to take any pictures of him or the gathering. He is looking good (and single, ladies) and has some pretty amazing stories from the mission.




No comments:
Post a Comment