Thursday, June 25, 2009

Knowledge in the making


So, you may be asking yourself who this lovely young lady is and what exactly is she holding in her hand?? Well, this is Sasha, she is one of my Young Women and she is holding in her hand our activity for the night....we made purses out of Capri Sun juice pouches!! It was actually pretty easy and only took about an hour (that even included me taking a few stitches out). I'm not nearly creative enough to think of this great project on my own. I got the idea from a great site I found called mormonchic.com. The exact address for this purse is http://www.mormonchic.com/crafty/juice-pouch-purse.asp
They also have lots of other great ideas for projects and what not. Cute and easy?? What more could you ask for. If anyone plans on doing this as an activity, try to have a sewing machine for each girl so they don't have to wait for their turn and DON'T follow the directions that say to put the juice pouches in the dryer...mine came out pretty mangled. Just leave them in the sun for at least 2 days to dry them out. Have fun!!