Wednesday, November 26, 2008

My dad's NEW house!!!


Ever since I was a little girl, my dad has lived in the same house (well actually its a trailer). And considering how many times we moved when I was a kid, it was pretty well used and abused. The poor thing was literally falling apart at the seams. So, I was pretty excited when my dad told me that they were going to get a new manufactured home this summer (even if it meant that Deidra couldn't come and visit). It was supposed to be delivered in July (or was it June?) but didn't actually get there until August.

Every time I would call to check on the status, I kept hearing that they were putting tile on the floors. I didn't get why it was taking so long for them to actually occupy the house until I saw it for myself. My dad can be quite the perfectionist when it comes to anything he is working on so he really went to town with the tile. I have to say that it looks AWESOME!! This picture is from the dining room where he broke the tile up himself and made a mosaic pattern. Poor Nanette and Deidra had to clean and grout all the tile so they get just as much of the credit. The whole house is absolutely beautiful and they really did a wonderful job.

They officially closed on Tuesday, so there really wasn't much inside yet. I am really looking forward to going back in a few months to see the final result. See, Nanette, good things do come to those who wait!!

1 comment:

Becca said...

Cool site. I need your help. Email me at bgordon@ubtanet.com ASAP