
My Grandpa Wilstead passed away yesterday. He was an amazing man and I am going to miss him so much.
He LOVED children!! Anytime any of the great-grandkids came over, he would want to love on them for hours. He couldn't get enough loves from those kids!!

When Emma heard the news she said, "You mean the one who gives me all the jelly beans?" Grandpa always had a hand full of jelly beans for the kids. He was a big man and it kind of intimidated Emma so that was how he would tempt her into his lap.

I had Lucas wear his overalls just for this picture with Grandpa. He always wore overalls!
When we were kids, Grandpa used to take us for rides up into the mountains in his Jeep. We would be giggling in the back seat and yell for him to go faster. He would always look back and smile while he turned the country music up louder making us think that he had in fact put the pedal to the medal!
We all used to love going on camping trips in the motor home. I can remember more than one family reunion up Huntington Canyon when we would all fight over who got to sleep in the motor home above the cab. I think that Grandpa was the one who taught me how to play poker too. He always had a deck of cards nearby and taught all of us how to properly shuffle a deck.
I loved going and hearing all his crazy stories about him and his brothers terrorizing the county when they were younger. He didn't talk about WWII very much, but when he did, the stories were amazing.
It's hard for me to imagine not knowing that I will have the chance to see my Grandpa again someday. I am so grateful that our family is sealed together and we don't have to worry about being separated by death. Even though I am sad that he is gone from this life, I am so grateful that the Spirit can bring my family and I comfort and peace right now. He has been in poor health for a long time now and I am glad that he is finally at peace and pain free.




2 comments:
I love you so much and am so sorry that you lost your grandpa. Your family will be in my prayers.
I love him too. What a wonderful family he created with your Grandma!
Post a Comment