Thursday, December 31, 2009

One more bit of good news...

Right before Christmas, my sister, Katylyn, called. Here's a replay of the conversation....

Me, "Hello?"
Katylyn, "Hi, it's me. Are you sitting down?"
Me, "No, why? Should I be?"
Katylyn, "I have some pretty big news..."
Thinking in my mind..."What, are you getting married or something?"
What I really said, "What?"
Katylyn, :I'm engaged!!"
Insert a few moments of silence....
Me, "I didn't even know you were dating anyone."
Katylyn, "We've only been dating for about 2 weeks."
Me, "Hang on, I think I need to sit down."

Come to find out, they have actually been friends for about 2 years and dated about a year ago. His name is Paul and he is from Missouri. They are getting married in South Carolina in March. Emma gets to be a flower girl (we had to pull her down from the moon after Katylyn asked her) and is already wanting to pack her bags for the trip.

We are REALLY excited for Katylyn! She has always said that she'll never get married and I really thought she would be the one who stuck to that so I was floored when we got the news! I can't wait to meet Paul and get to know the man who managed to snag my sister!

CONGRATS KATYLYN AND PAUL!!!

1 comment:

amystueve said...

Wow, congrats to Katylyn! And congrats to Emma the flower girl, too! :) It's so cute that she's so excited. A lot of exciting things going on with your family!