Wednesday, March 18, 2009

SURPRISE!!!


I have a new Beehive (one of the girls at church turned 12 so she gets to start coming to Young Women)....HOORAY!!! I wanted to make her first "official" activity memorable so we planned a surprise party for Teryn. I got together with her mom and we worked out a plan to get her to the church for it. Poor Teryn had NO IDEA what was in store. I think she was really embarrased when she walked in and everyone was there (this was right at the beginning when the boys were there too) and we all sang her, "Happy Birthday." Then we kicked the boys out (literally, they were all drooling over the cake) and started the PARTY!!

First, I gave each of the girls a pack of Bubilicious gum and told them to start chewing. They had to put all 5 pieces in at the same time. When they got good and gummed up, I had them say the Young Women's Theme (a theme we say every Sunday that explains the purpose of Young Women's) with their mouths full of gum. I think the best part was hearing everyone slurp up the slobber before it dribbled down their chins. :-)

Then we had a bubble blowing contest with our GIANT wads of gum. Lisa and Sasha were by far the best at it! They both had bubbles that went in their eyes when they popped.


After that, I had each of the girls write down something unique about themselves and put it into a balloon that they then blew up. All the balloons got thrown into the center of the room and kicked around so no one knew where their balloon was. They all got one and had to sit on it to pop it then they had to guess who the balloon belonged to based on the piece of paper inside. They had more fun popping the balloon then anything else we did. They thought it was hilarious!







I had also gotten some punch ball balloons so of course the next item on the list was a punch ball balloon fight!! They went crazy!! Lisa and I fought so hard that our balloons actually popped on us. I couldn't get a really good picture without getting my head wacked!


Last, but certainly not least, we sang to Teryn and had some cake. Since we can't have open flames in the church, I got a battery operated candle and had her "blow" it out. I thought the party turned out really good and I am SO EXCITED to have Teryn get to be with us!! She is really cute and I can't wait to get to know her better and better!


2 comments:

Scott and Stacy said...

Teryn absolutley loved the party Claire. She was nonstop talk until 9:30. It was a very memorable 1st night for her. Thank you so much for the warm welcoming into YM. You can tell she got over her not being able to go to her friends baseball game. She's very excited to finally be in YM, especially with you and Lisa in there.

A New Decade of Health said...

What cute girls! Now you have 3 girls to have fun with! I'm actually a little bit jealous, just a little though.