Tuesday, December 30, 2008

The Reason for the Season....

I love nativity sets. I currently own four of them and I am planning on expanding my collection whenever I get the chance. I love the whole Christmas season and all the fun things that come with it. But I have to say that my favorite thing to do during the holidays is to turn all the lights off, turn the Christmas tree on and just sit in the peace and quiet and stare at the tree.


I hate how easy it is to get caught up in all the hustle and bustle and totally forget the whole reason why we even celebrate Christmas. We went over to Damon and Clarissa's house for Family Home Evening a few weeks ago. We let the kids dress up and act out the Christmas story (I forgot my camera). They were so cute. Damon asked the girls if they knew why we celebrated Christmas and I was so proud of Emma when she said, "It's Jesus' birthday." I am so glad that she recognizes that Santa isn't the only important thing about Christmas.

I hope that this year (even though Christmas has already come and gone) we can all take a moment to stop and remember why we all love Christmas. Take the time to remember the reason for the season.

No comments: